A BRIEF HISTORY OF
Researched and written by Margaret Hahn
Additional research by Joan Russell
The Reformation in 1560 must have created a great change in the life of the people living in the Pluscarden glen, and as Young in his ‘Annals of Elgin’ remarks, “certainly not for the better of the inhabitants who had lived in the shadow of the great Priory for 350 years”. The monks were expelled, depriving the people of those who had cared for them both materially and spiritually, and the building was left to decay.
To read the complete history, click below to view.